Location: 3110 Tillicum Road, Victoria BC, V9A 6T2
Hours: Mon/Fri/Sat, 10:00am – 6:00pm; Tues/Wed/Thurs, 10:00am – 9:00pm
- Display is in 2 locations within the branch, some are only accessible by ladder.
- In one location 16′ (5m) hanging rail which is above a bookcase (about 11′ (4m) above the floor), and the other area is a 7′ (2m) hanging rail which is about 8′ (2m) above the floor and has a table underneath. Artwork up to 4′ (1.3m) in height can be accommodated in the space above the bookcase.
- Ideal for artists working in large formats.
- Exhibitions run for three months.
- All artwork is subject to approval for a family-friendly, culturally diverse facility.
- Artists sign a standard contract before installing a show, including details of their exhibition.
- All artworks are to stay until the strike of the show, even if sold.
- Pricing of work cannot be displayed, but a price list can be available at the “Information” counter for buyer’s inquiries.
- This venue is suitable for larger works by an individual artist.
- $40 per show for VAC members; $80 per show for future members, administration fee to be paid in advance.
- 20% commission payable to VAC on all sales.
- The gallery has a chain and an S- hook hanging system.
- Attach a wire on the back of artwork as close to the top of the back as possible to avoid work falling forward when hanging.
- Artists are responsible to install and strike their show. Volunteer help is subject to availability.
- Please ensure artwork is ready to hang and bring additional wire and hooks, pliers, and gummy adhesive for labels.
- VAC will promote the exhibition through our email newsletter, website calendar, and social media.
- GVPL will promote the exhibition on their website using materials provided by artists..
- Artists are required to provide their own art labels and promotional materials, which must include contact information, medium, and title of work (no price). It should be business card sized on white card-stock or of a consistent nature. Because some artwork is hung relatively high larger labels may be more effective.
- Artists are expected to create a bio (8.5” x 11”) for display
- Artists provide an artist’s bio and two photos of their work (jpegs & PDF) for VAC promotion, and this is shared with GVPL.
Sale of Artwork
- It is the artist’s responsibility to complete any sales transactions. Neither GVPL staff nor VAC staff can handle this. Be sure to include your contact information on labels.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book this venue, or if you have any questions.