Become a Member
As a member of the VAC, you become part of a community-wide network of individuals and groups who celebrate and encourage the arts, culture, and heritage within Greater Victoria. With your commitment, the VAC will continue to showcase local arts to thousands of people in our community. Fill out our Membership Application Form to get involved in your local arts community!
Youth: Under 19: Free
Individual: 1 Year: $40.00
Individual: 2 Years: $70.00
Not For Profit / Community Group: $85.00
Business: $250.00 [Tax Receipt Issued]
All members receive
- email updates via VAC e-news, including topics like Member News, grants, calls to artists/performers, and around town events;
- promotion and publicity of your arts, cultural events, and activities through our VAC network;
- access to member-only activities and events;
- low cost rental of equipment including easels, display panels, plinths, and sound systems;
- voting privileges at the Annual General Meeting;
- help shape and advocate for local arts and culture;
Additional benefits for individuals
- Artist Directory on the website;
- discounts on VAC exhibition spaces and venues;
- reduced entry fees and discounts on VAC events (our annual LOOK Show, workshops, etc.);
- insurance coverage, specific to the arts, at reduced rates to provide liability coverage for studio tours and public events;
- the following discounts from our Community Partners:ArtInk Print:
- Ongoing – 15% off retail pricing for envelopes and art bags (for cards or prints) – throughout the year (cannot be combined with other offers)
- Ongoing – Artists will be added to our expanding online gallery to showcase their works and web site – great social media connection
- One time (first visit) – 50% off capture and/or scanning of original artwork (up to $200 before discount); includes consult, file prep and formatting
- One time (first visit) – 25% off file calibration and proofing, digital or giclee (up to $100 before discount)
Art World: 10% off regular priced merchandise throughout the year.
Island Blue Company: 10% off regular priced merchandise throughout the year (excluding printing/publishing).
Art Box: 10% off all printing; 50% off digital file creation from original artwork up to a maximum of 3 pieces. Includes consult, file creation and colour balance.; Business Cards 50% off 500 minimum (one time each).
Tom Lee Music: 10% off print music, accessories, and giftware throughout the year.
discounts at Art Ink Print, Art World, Island Blue Company, Tom Lee Music, and Art Boxemail updates via VAC e-news, including topics like Member News, grants, calls to artists/performers, and around town events;
Additional benefits for Groups/Businesses
- access to insurance designed specifically for the arts at reduced rates, including: General Liability Insurance; Property and Volunteer Insurance; and Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
- access to the annual Board Orientation session for Not For Profit Societies at no charge
Volunteer With Us
The VAC is a non-profit charitable organization that depends on the commitment of its supporters. We are always looking for individuals to volunteer their time, experience, and share their talents and enthusiasm.
Whether you are an artist, an interested community member, or university student, there are many ways to get involved, including: becoming a mentor, demonstrating your talents, encouraging emerging artists and performers, office support, community relations, hosting or sponsoring an event, and gallery sitting. With a year-round schedule of events and programs, as well as an ambitious agenda for the future, we need your help.
We need your support! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to be involved.
Fill out our Volunteer Application Form if you would like to be involved.