The annual LOOK show will take place Saturday 06 April through Sunday 28 April 2019 at a brand new venue: 747 Fort Street.
EXHIBITION DATES: Saturday 06 April through Sunday 28 April 2019
OFF-SITE LOCATION: 747 FORT STREET (between Douglas and Blanshard)
This is a fully-accessible venue, with street access as well as an elevator.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT: 31 March
ART INTAKE: Sunday 31 March from 12:00PM-5:00PM and Monday 01 April from 2:00PM-7:00PM at 747 Fort Street
[all art must be accompanied by a completed submission form with payment in advance or at the time of intake]
OPENING RECEPTION: Saturday 06 April from 1:00PM-5:00PM
Art Pick Up: Sunday, 28 April from 5-6PM and Monday 29 April from 12PM-6PM.
Please collect your works from the 747 Fort Street location.
**Any unclaimed work is not the responsibility of the VAC**
This non-juried exhibition promotes work in all media from across our creative community; experienced and emerging artists alike are welcome. This yearly exhibition is widely recognized as one of Victoria’s premier art shows because of its inclusive community-based approach, with audiences in the thousands. The VAC is excited about this new 20,000 sq/ft venue that has been secured to offer one of the largest LOOK shows under one roof to help celebrate the Council’s 50th anniversary year.
LOOK 2019 DETAILS:
- All pieces must be labelled, wired, and ready to hang.
- 2-D pieces up to 4′ x 6′.
- 3-D pieces must be under 8ft tall.
- Literary: One submission may consist of up to 3 pages, each page in the formatted in the artist’s preference to a maximum of 8″x 10″ per page. We ask that your submission be printed on a thicker cardstock in order to be exhibited appropriately. Your 3 pages may consist of one literary work or up to 3 literary works (i.e. you may submit a two page work and a one page work for a total of 3 pages, or you may submit one work which is 3 pages in length or 3 works each one page in length). The cost of submission is $5 for members and $10 for non-members. You may enter a literary submission in addition to another category submission.
- Installation: We will accept installation works as individual entries at $20/work for members and $40/work for non-members. The size and scope of installation works must be discussed with staff prior to set-up to ensure ample space for display.
- Large scale works will be accepted on a first come first serve basis due to limited venue space. Submit early to avoid disappointment.
- Each piece must be designated by category (Painting, Photography, Mixed Media, Printmaking, Drawing, 3-D, Ceramic, Craft, Video, Performance, Literary and Installation).
We are excited to introduce two new categories this year: Video and Performance. [Work in these categories should be discussed with the Council following submission.]
- Artists choose the category for each piece submitted.
- Artists choose the retail (sale) price of their work including all applicable taxes. Your work does not have to be for sale to be exhibited in the exhibition.
- Up to three works accepted from each artist, across categories.
- All pieces sold are subject to a 25% commission fee.
- $20 per work submitted for VAC members, $40 per work submitted for non-members.
Please note: The category you choose will direct your artworks placement for award selection.
Submission information: Please fill in the online application form. You may choose to pay your entry fees online or you may pay by cash, cheque or credit at the time you drop off your work. It is of benefit to fill in your online application form prior to art intake as your labels will be created from your application and you will be registered and guaranteed a spot in the show.
All participating artists are encouraged to volunteer with the show (intake, hanging, opening reception, sitting the show, strike, and cleanup).
Please email email@example.com if you are able to volunteer your time with any of these tasks.
Signing-up for volunteer shifts has its benefits!
Event Application Form:
Look Show 2019