Victoria Arts Council AGM 2021
Saturday 4 December 2021, 3pm
VAC Main Gallery, 1800 Store Street (wheelchair accessible)
Please join us on Saturday, December 4th, at 3pm for the annual general meeting of the Victoria Arts Council.
Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors
Victoria Arts Council is excited to announce that the Call for Nominations to the Board of Directors is now open!
The Board of Directors provides strategic leadership, governance, establishes policy, oversees the operations and financial performance of Victoria Arts Council and assesses the Board’s own effectiveness. Our Board Members will be expected to serve on a committee that may include:
- Governance & Planning
- Fundraising & Marketing
New members will be supported and mentored by the existing Board of Directors to help ease the transition into this leadership role. Participation on the Board is voluntary and there is no remuneration for service.
Expected Commitment from Board Members:
- Elected board members will serve a two year term and be eligible for re-election for two subsequent and consecutive two year terms
- Attend 9 Board meetings that take place throughout the year
- Able to commit the time and resources to serve on the Board and one board committee, and represent Victoria Arts Council as requested
The Nomination Committee is particularly interested in candidates with the following knowledge and expertise:
- Fundraising, Development, and Sponsorship
- Real Estate
- Commitment to Victoria Arts Council’s Vision and Values and has an appreciation for the arts
- Personal commitment to devote the time necessary to perform the responsibilities of a Board member
- Strong communication and collaborative skills
- Please send an email with a brief bio and/or your résumé / CV by 22 November 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Victoria Arts Council is strongly committed to equity and inclusion within the community and encourages applications from all qualified candidates including Persons with Disabilities, People of Colour, Indigenous and 2SLGBTQIAP community members.
For more information about the role and nomination process – please contact Lynda Gammon at email@example.com
Established in 1968, the Victoria Arts Council connects artists and audiences throughout the Capital Regional District.